The CIP Medicaid Waiver pays for services such as work and residential supports and specialized transportation. Individuals who are supported through CIP are also covered by Medicaid for their health-care.
The federal government makes the rules for the CIP Waiver and for Medicaid. One of those rules is that if you are going to a non-emergency medical appointment, you must use the transportation company that is paid to provide these medical related rides (MTM) and not use Metro para-transit. (Of course, in a medical emergency, you should call 9-1-1.)
Dane County Department of Human Services oversees the CIP Waiver and can be audited to check if we are following the rules. So, it is important to use MTM for rides to your medical appointments.
Suggestions for calling MTM to schedule rides:
- If you are calling to set up a ride yourself, you can call the general MTM number (1-866-907-1493).
- (Social workers and case managers who are calling MTM for MA rides on behalf of clients should not call the general MTM number. MTM states that they will get better and faster service if they call the MTM Facilities line at 1-866-907-1497.)
- Make your call at least two business days in advance of your appointment, unless your trip is urgent. If you call less than two business days before your appointment and the trip is not urgent, MTM might ask you to reschedule your appointment. (You may also schedule your appointment on-line at wimemberportal.mtm-inc.net/mp.)
- During your phone call, the MTM representative may ask you: “Do you have access to free transportation from your family or friends or through another local community program?” Even though you don’t pay a fare for Metro para-transit, the correct answer to this question would be “No” as Madison Metro para-transit rides are not free. The cost of the ride is shared by local government and the CIP Waiver.
- If you have a complaint about your service, call MTM’s “We Care” line at 1-866-436-0457 or file a complaint on-line at mtm-inc.net/contact/.
- If your ride is late, contact MTM’s “Where’s My Ride” line at 1-866-907-1494.
- Please keep Jane Betzig, Dane County’s Transportation Coordinator, informed of your complaints regarding MTM’s services. Jane’s telephone number is 242-6489. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation!