Criteria for County-Directed Services:
- Consumer has volatile health or behavior issues which result in frequent changes in level of support, making it difficult to determine a funding rate.
- Consumer is their own guardian and has a support plan involving restrictive measures.
- Legal representative has a history of poor judgment which threatens a person’s safety and protection.
- Legal representative is unavailable or uninterested in plan development or in directing service dollars.
- Consumers pay family members or guardians directly for providing direct care support.
Procedure for County-Directed Services:
- Obtain approval from assigned County Manager for County-Directed Services.
- Intake sets a rate but no rate letter is generated.
- SDS Coordinator records rate on the Self-Directed Support Data Sheet and copies are distributed to appropriate parties.
- Support Broker will complete an IFP and corresponding vouchers. The Broker will use the County-Directed SDS form.
- Completed IFP will follow normal routing procedures; however the consumer and guardian in County-Directed SDS will not receive copies.
- SDS Coordinator will confirm consumer’s status in County-Directed Services (see example letter).