When a consumer’s needs and/or supports are changing due to any number of factors, Support Brokers are encouraged to attend either a Tuesday morning Intake meeting or a Friday morning SDS meeting, to discuss the situation with the staff of the Dane County Adult Community Services – Developmental Disabilities Unit. If you are unsure which meeting pertains to the issue you would like to discuss, be sure to ask the Intake staff or the SDS Coordinator when you call to set up an appointment.
Tuesday Morning Intake Meetings
Intake meetings generally occur on the first and third Tuesdays of each month from 9:00 a.m. to noon in room 357 at 1202 Northport Drive. People in attendance are the Dane County Developmental Disabilities Management Team, SDS Coordinator, Intake Staff, and scheduled guests.
Discussion revolves around new referrals, roommate matches (including roommates who potentially are interested in splitting up, as well as, brainstorming to either help resolve the issues or suggest possible new roommate matches), crisis situations, issues related to support and service coordination, and residential or vocational issues.
Support Brokers can contact Intake staff to schedule a time to attend an Intake meeting in order to discuss roommate matches or vocational or residential issues.
Friday Morning Self Directed Services (SDS) Meetings
SDS meetings generally occur on the first and third Fridays of each month from 9:00 a.m. to noon in room 357 at 1202 Northport Drive. The meetings are a gathering of the Dane County Developmental Disabilities Management Team and SDS Coordinator to problem solve, raise concerns and discuss issues related to self directed services.
- When can Brokers attend?
- When you are struggling with how to structure or access support for a person you work with and would like to brainstorm with a large group.
- When you wish to discuss a “system issue” which is impacting a person you support.
- When must brokers attend?
- When a person’s proposed support costs exceed their rate.
- When a Broker helps a person design and implement a new plan using co-employment
- When a person’s life changes significantly, requiring a major modification in supports (such as a health crisis that results in a change from come-in to live-in assistance.)
To get on the agenda for a Friday morning SDS meeting, contact SDS Coordinator.